Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Early Attempts at Photorealism - Little Girl

Not too long ago I learned about photorealism (sometimes referred to as hyperrealism). While many critics dismissed this as a form of art, I believe that photorealism involves a great deal of skill and patience. I also see the potential of photorealism (for example, using I photo that I took, but adding in things that my photo did not capture). Alas, I digress. I am unofficially trying my hand at photorealism using either photos found online, photos I've taken or other photos. Below is a drawing showing the photo and the attempt at the photorealistic representation in pencil form.



Here are links to some inspiring photorealistic drawings. Hope you enjoy  

Linda Huber:  http://www.amusingplanet.com/2009/02/photorealistic-pencil-drawings-by-linda.html

Brian Duey:  http://www.dueysdrawings.com/portrait_tutorial.html

Juan Francisco Casas:  http://www.boredpanda.com/25-photorealistic-pictures-drawn-with-a-bic-pen/

-meowser

2 comments:

  1. God! I saw this your drawing before but had no idea there are so many things behind it! Love the style of your writing! You should definitely keep blogging!
    Looking at the picture closely can see that this is more then just good copy. Your girl is sadder and more thoughtful. And on some level is more real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I really appreciate the comment :) I wanted to bring out the sadness so I'm glad that came across in the drawing :)

      Delete