Monday, November 4, 2013

Amethyst Bracelet and Dangle Earrings

Gemstones, whether we wear our birth stone or use them for healing, are magnificent to have around in any environment: office, home, outdoors. Used in jewelry, it can symbolize the wearer's birth month or is believed by many to contain certain healing properties. Amethyst, the stone for February, is believed to invoke healing and purify negative energy. Its calming properties help clear the mind and are often used in meditation. Even though my birth stone is not amethyst, I absolutely adore this gem!

I was happy to get my hands on some lovely amethyst chips, and excited to use them in creating comfortable pieces of jewelry that are wearable for various occasions. 

The bracelet is made of amethyst chips, and a crystal purple bead in the center. It closes with a simple toggle and clasp. The bracelet measures approximately 7 1/4 inches from toggle to clasp.

Amethyst Bracelet with Purple Crystal Bead

Amethyst Bracelet - Aerial View

I made a simple yet elegant pair of earrings to match the bracelet. It also uses amethyst chips on silver ear hooks. The drop measures about 1 1/4 inches.

Amethyst Dangle Earrings

Amethyst Bracelet with Amethyst Dangle Earrings



I hope to be using more gem stones in my work. I just love them, and they can be used with almost any kind of media. Which gemstones are your favorite?

Enjoy! 
-meowser

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!! This set is so beautiful and stylish!! I heard about amethyst but never knew it has such an amazing color!!! Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete