Friday, September 13, 2013

First Peyote Stitch Ring


It's been awhile, but finally, a new piece of jewelry! I tried my hand at peyote stitch, which I look forward to learning more of. I tried to  make a pattern by eye, so it looks a bit funky, but whatever; it was more about practicing the stitch  

I am not using delica beads, but some kind of seed beads which are not evenly cut, so it's not as neat as it should be.

Some weird looking "V"

On the finger. The "V" doesn't look any better...


Well, that's my first peyote stitch piece. I look forward to making more soon (and not as funky looking).

Thanks for passing by!

-meowser ッ


2 comments:

  1. You know I follow one girl who does handmade jewerly. Her works are amazing. But she uses only some fancy good quality jewerly beads, Swarowsky gems etc. and she says that supplies make huge difference. here is her blog. Now you're learning how to stitch. And can say that I can see your improving. When you have money to buy fancy beads you will be ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have seen some of this woman's work. It's amazing! Yes, I'm sure the right supplies make a huge difference lol. I'm trying to use up all my crappy beads so that I have an excuse to buy the good ones lol.
    And thank you for saying I have improved! woohooo! :) My hands hurt so it does feel like I have gained a little more skill haha.

    ReplyDelete